ESL Conversation – Homelessness
B1 and B2 Level Speaking
Homelessness is one of the biggest problems that the human race faces. Here are 20 questions to discuss with your students to make them aware about the situation and make them think ways to help those in need.
Student A (Do not show these to Student B)
- What goes through your mind when you hear the word ‘homeless’?
- Do you ever give money to homeless people?
- Is homelessness a problem in your country?
- What does your government do for the homeless?
- What does homelessness say about a society?
- Why do you think people become homeless?
- What do you think when you walk past homeless people?
- How difficult do you think it is for homeless people to get back into employment, get a house, etc?
- If you were homeless, where and how would you live?
- What do you think it would be like to suddenly become homeless?
Student B (Do not show these to Student A)
- Are there homeless children in your country?
- What can the government do to help homeless people?
- Why do many people look down on the homeless?
- What can you do to help the homeless?
- If you were homeless, what would you do all day?
- Would you give a homeless person a shower and a bed for the night in your home?
- Do homeless people lose their civil or human rights in your country?
- What do / would you care about more in an election, taxes or the plight of the homeless?
- Do you think homelessness will ever disappear, even in rich countries?
- What questions would you ask a homeless person?
Think of some ways to help the homeless.
What are you willing to do about the situation?
Share this page
C1 Level - Advanced
Fake News and the Media Discussion
Fake News and the Media C1 Level Speaking questions on Fake news and the media. What is the main purpose of a news company? Do
B1 Level - Intermediate
Time Travel ESL Speaking Questions
Time Travel ESL Speaking Questions B1 and B2 Level Speaking – Time Travel ESL Speaking Have you seen any time traveling movies? Suggestions: The Girl