ESL Conversation – Homelessness
B1 and B2 Level Speaking
Homelessness is one of the biggest problems that the human race faces. Here are 20 questions to discuss with your students to make them aware about the situation and make them think ways to help those in need.
Student A (Do not show these to Student B)
- What goes through your mind when you hear the word ‘homeless’?
- Do you ever give money to homeless people?
- Is homelessness a problem in your country?
- What does your government do for the homeless?
- What does homelessness say about a society?
- Why do you think people become homeless?
- What do you think when you walk past homeless people?
- How difficult do you think it is for homeless people to get back into employment, get a house, etc?
- If you were homeless, where and how would you live?
- What do you think it would be like to suddenly become homeless?
Student B (Do not show these to Student A)
- Are there homeless children in your country?
- What can the government do to help homeless people?
- Why do many people look down on the homeless?
- What can you do to help the homeless?
- If you were homeless, what would you do all day?
- Would you give a homeless person a shower and a bed for the night in your home?
- Do homeless people lose their civil or human rights in your country?
- What do / would you care about more in an election, taxes or the plight of the homeless?
- Do you think homelessness will ever disappear, even in rich countries?
- What questions would you ask a homeless person?