Fake News and the Media
C1 Level Speaking questions on Fake news and the media.
- What is the main purpose of a news company?
- Do you believe that the main purpose of a news company is to inform people or to monetize news?
- What is fake news?
- Do you believe what you hear on the news? Why?
- Can you think of an example of fake news that destroyed a person’s life and future?
- What do you think of the applications on the internet that generate fake news?
- What do you think about the constant bombardment of the same news from the media?
Student A Questions (Do not show these to Student B)
- Do you follow the news? Why/Why not?
- Where do you get your news from?
- Do you follow mainstream news media?
- Do you think fake news is a problem? Why?
- Why are there fake news?
- Have you noticed that nowadays no one is talking about fake news? – Why do you think this is happening?
- Do you think that social media helps people to be informed and get news in a different perspective, free of news companies and governmental agendas?
Student B Questions (Do not show these to Student A)
- Do you trust the media? Why?
- Do you follow the news through the television, newspaper or the internet?
- Have you heard the concept “fake news”? – What is it?
- Do you think news companies follow an agenda?
- Have you noticed that when an articles gets published you can find the exact or similar copy of that article in every single news website or blog?
- Why do you think this is happening?
- Do you think news companies care if the article they copy and reproduce is real or not?
- Do you think that journalists and should be accounted for their articles they produce?
Reading: The Media – C1 Level
Share this page
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube channel for English with George videos!