How to describe my dream house
In order to describe the house of your dream successfully, you have to know a few things such as:
- The parts of the house vocabulary
- Adjectives to describe a house
- Grammar structures to piece your ideas together
About the house
Kinds of Houses
- Semi-detached house
Parts of the House
- living room
- drive way
- laundry room
- Dining room
Adjectives to Describe a House
These are the most common adjectives to describe the house of your dreams.
Spacious/Huge: very big e.g. The bedroom is spacious/huge
Elegant: Attractively decorated, e.g. The rooms are elegant
Traditional: Old fashioned, e.g. She has old fashioned furniture
Minimalistic: Simple design, e.g. Her house is very minimalistic
Picturesque: Like a picture, visually attractive, e.g. The villa is very Picturesque
Luxurious: Expensively styled, e.g. I stayed in a luxurious hotel
There is and There are
The structure that it is commonly used to talk about your house is there is and there are.
We use there is and there are when we first refer to the existence or presence of someone or something.
- There is a porch
- There is a yard
- There is a swimming pool
- There are two bedroom
- There are two bathrooms
- There are three balconies
The verb have
- My house has six bedroom
- The bedroom has two big windows
- My house has a huge garden with an enormous swimming pool.
- My house has four floors
- My dream house has a big gaming room with a gaming set, a great sound system and a comfortable armchair.
The verb be
- My house is beautiful
- My house is near the beach
- It’s a nice house with all comforts
- The neighborhood is a luxurious residential area